Today’s Monday Makeover Challenge is not so much a makeover, as a challenge. We will call it the “Nagging About Tagging” Challenge!
There are several team forum threads and a blog post from Sylvie about tagging listings properly. Sylvie pointed out the importance of adding colors and trending tags to your listings. Other threads have pointed out that without the team tag, your listings cannot be found for team treasuries and promotions.
Our challenge this week is to review the tags in our shop listings. To be included in team treasuries and promotions, please make sure all listings include the team tag “teamhandmade.” Also, review your treasuries to make sure they are tagged properly.
(Some of you have asked why our team tag is “teamhandmade” and not another variation thereof. During team organization, we researched various tags. Of those not being used by other teams, “teamhandmade” was most representative of our team.)
While reviewing your listing tags, also keep in mind to:
- use all of your tags
- use colors and color combinations
- use trending tags if applicable
- I have found that using the category tags again in my listing tags helps keep listings near the top of the category. For example: my category and subcategories: Crochet, Housewares, Washcloth. In my tags, I again use: Crochet, Housewares, Washcloth.
- use variations of a word: washcloth, wash cloth. dish rag, dishrag. grey, gray.
- use phrases: crochet washcloth
- check your shop stats for search terms used by buyers to find your items and tag accordingly
- review successful shops and see how they make use of their tags (don’t copy, just see how they do it!)
- and, make sure your spelling is correct:)
If you have more tagging tips, please share!
Let’s do it Team! ‘Cause I’m gonna nag, nag, nag ’til we all tag, tag, tag!!!